IPMC founders and the entire consultant team share a number of common beliefs that guide their consulting, training and coaching actions.
These convictions derive from their double experience: Operational practice inside a company on the one hand and consultant specializing in product development, innovation, engineering and project management on the other.
- In the globalization context, sustainable performance of European enterprises will depend more on the field of value creation through innovation than on a “Value against cost” confrontation with enterprises of the emerging countries.
- Successful innovation is primarily a matter of collective performance. The global optimum is rarely the sum of local optimums.
It is not enough to put together the best individual skills to succeed. It is also necessary that the project team shares a common understanding of customer needs, works in synchronized mode, knows how to reuse existing solution elements, by implementing lean and shared processes…
- Share a comprehensive performance model is a must for the construction of collective efficiency.
In complex universes subject to imponderables, the only way to stay on track and avoid dispersion is to refer to the “big picture”. The challenge is building a global vision, identifying critical points and acting consistently on 5 structuring dimensions: product architecture, development of operational processes, careers and project offices organization, the “technical” information and teams’ motivation.
- In this “virtual” age, creating and implementing daily physical real workshops, deeply involving the “visual management” is a significant factor for team effectiveness.
Remote working tools development and virtual platforms requires that the teams synchronize at key moments. The best way to work together effectively, making the right decisions and managing their project is to visualize their joint production.
- Every company is unique for its history, its culture, its market positioning … Tools and methods must be customized, adapted, optimized to the specific requirements of each company.
Many tools and methodologies off-the-shelf are inoperative when they are implemented without taking into account the ownership context and effort. Rather than using sophisticated approaches that claim to be exhaustive, it is better to resort to a robust methodology and tools useable by everyone.
- “Don’t just train your team, give them a workout!” Collective performance requires a real multidisciplinary and multicultural team training to practice the development process, the daily reviews, the “trades off” and optimization of design tools… The IPMC simulation platforms are the solution for intensive training needs.