All our trainings are dedicated to Project Management and System Engineering and based on real business cases that enable training on mastering the most efficient practices and methods.
They intensively use “visual management” (A0 posters, signs, post-it, simulation software, digivotes, book A5 …), promoting teams’ work and appropriation. Furthermore, they can be easily adapted to our Customer specificities: vocabulary, process, methods, specific sequences…
You will find below the 15 trainings developed by IPMC for over 10 years, and their main objectives.
By practicing collectively fundamentals or specific dimensions of project management, participants easily incorporate best practices that will help them improve work efficiency in teams. All our courses allow to be intensely involved in a representative “real life” case as part of a workshop.
P.M.F - Mastering the fundamentals of project management
- Understanding and learning the basics of project management.
- Applying the 9 Key subject areas of project management.
P.M.A - Managing complex projects
- Knowing how to structure, monitor and manage a complex project.
- Training a team to conduct a complex project.
- Being able to mobilize key success factors.
I.T.P - Driving successful IT Projects
- Sharing a vision and a common vocabulary on project management process.
- Understanding the effectiveness of tools, methods and best practices.
- Having a clear vision of the roles and responsibilities of the different stakeholders involved.
L.I.P.T - Mastering the multicultural dimension of Projects
- Learning to work effectively in an international environment.
- Managing successfully key life situations of an international project team.
- Treating the "multiculturalism" in terms of practices to be implemented.
P.R - Practicing key roles of Project and Systems Engineering
- Sharing a global vision of the key roles of the projects and their implementation throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Understanding the power of collective mobilization.
- Identifying interactions between roles and their respective contributions to increase synchronization capabilities and anticipation.
To develop its system engineering expertise, only one solution: training by practicing the methods learned systematically after their theoretical explanations. Our courses in systems engineering will allow you to effectively deploy new practices, raise the skills of teams already specialized in managing complex projects, or develop a “thinking” system within your entities.
S.E.F - Mastering the fundamentals of systems engineering
- Understanding and developing the "big picture" of systems engineering.
- Identifying the different processes, methods and deliverables.
- Knowing and understanding the different roles and how to work in teams and "project center" mode.
- Training through the optimal solution.
A.S.E - Managing the development of complex systems
- Understanding the key points of the development of a critical software-intensive system.
- Mastering a complex system development project under time constraint.
- Practicing the "Trade-offs".
- Establishing a logical development.
A.FUN - Mastering the fundamentals of the system architecture
- Setting the role of the architect in the project team.
- Understanding the activities and attitude of the architect in a complex project.
- Acquiring a comprehensive view on architecture methods of complex systems.
ANA.F - Functional Analysis
- Improving product competitiveness and engineering performance.
- Optimizing solutions in relation to actual customer needs.
- Use examples inspired from other areas.
- Focusing the training on the utility, process, best practices for implementation, rather than on the tools.
"One day - booster"
The temporal and financial dimensions are now extremely important factors in decision making in training and human resources services.
These various trainings are deployed over a day or half a day, while remaining true to our methodological principles: the scenario, resorting to visual management, strengthening the collective dimension in teams of our customers.
P.M.G - Learn the golden rules of project management
- Appropriating the golden rules of project management.
- Understanding and learning the basics of project management and development of new products.
- Training teams to work collectively.
P.M.R - Managing effectively the Project Reviews
- Understanding and sharing the key success factors of the projects and the impact of reviews on their implementation.
- Giving the keys to challenge and motivate teams during reviews.
- Finding its optimal positioning according to the project manager's experience and phase of the project.
P.T.M - Managing successfully a project team
- Adapting management to complex situations.
- Developing a regular and motivating communication, that is adapted for harsh environments.
- Taking into account the multicultural dimension of the teams managed to work efficiently.
- Mastering decision-making, delegation and subsidiarity processes
D.T.C - Design to Cost
- Motivating, teaching and training key actors in the implementation of the process of "Design Goals costs."
- Developing the skills and practices ORC phase supply and project management.
- Deploying quickly ORC culture in the company.
S.A - Mastering the Projects’ services dimension
- Instilling a customer service-oriented culture in teams with a technical profile.
- Identifying and developing the services dimension in projects and in engineering and support activities.
- Identifying and applying the right attitudes towards the customer.
C.M - Develop team creativity
- Becoming aware of its capacity for creativity, either individual or collective, to be mobilized for the benefit of new product development activities.
- Understanding the logical train of thought and the creative process.
- Appropriating methods, techniques and tools to stimulate creativity.
- Applying these methods and tools of creativity to reduce costs and delays.